Minnehaha County, South Dakota
2018 Commissioner Liaison Assignments
|Human Resources/Diversity Committee|
|Homeless Advisory Board|
|Urbanized Development Commission|
1. How long have you served on the Minnehaha County Commission?
I was appointed in January 2015 to fill the open position created by the resignation of Commissioner Pekas.
2. When were you first elected/appointed?
Appointed January 2015
3. Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Gregory, SD and raised in Yankton, SD.
4. What kinds of schooling have you received?
Yankton High School, Texas Christian University and SMU Law School.
5. Besides being on the Minnehaha County Commission, what is your current job?
I am an attorney at the Davenport Evans law firm.
6. What boards have you served on?
6 years on the Brandon Valley School Board, Brandon Valley Booster Club, Red Cross, Volunteers of America, Dakotas, CASA.
7. What do you see for the future of Minnehaha County?
I expect Minnehaha County to continue to experience steady growth in population driven by job growth, a strong economy, and a wonderful quality of life.